EVENT CO-ORDINATOR – Pure (B2B Luxury Travel)
Reports to: Sales Manager, Pure
Position: Permanent, 4 day working week (4 day working week for 5 days’ pay!)
Working Pattern: Hybrid – 3 days in the office, 1 day from home (Every Friday – nonworking day as standard)
Who are we?
We are This is Beyond! We are a fast-moving, fast-thinking and vibrant London based B2B events company. We have grown from an ambitious start-up to a Worldwide leader in creating both innovative and ground-breaking B2B events. We are considered thought leaders in the luxury travel industry, making a real impact by defining specific travel genres and building passionate communities around them.
Today our portfolio is made up of both revolutionary and category smashing global travel trade shows, along with a fast-growing luxury membership club for the who’s who of luxury movers and shakers.
We are obsessive about curating just the right crowd, because there’s no substitute for great chemistry. Plus, we’re allergic to boring formats. So, expect exclusivity, expect inspiration, expect imaginative, immersive experiences that don’t feel like work! That’s exactly why they’re great for business.
About the Role
Want to do some of the best work of your life? An amazing opportunity has arisen to join This is Beyond’s experiential travel events team, working on a flagship B2B event, which is firmly established as one of the travel industries most celebrated and successful marketing platforms, PURE Life Experiences. It is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, enthusiastic and commercially astute Event Coordinator to grow very quickly in an entry level role. The position will also give the opportunity to gain a detailed overview of how This is Beyond works, and to pursue a career in Events becoming a key and recognisable face of the company within the industry.
What will you do?
- Play a key administrative role in supporting the Head of Sales, Sales Manager & Executives in the exhibitor sales and buyer recruitment process.
- Assist Executives in the daily fulfilment of sales methods including researching new leads and updating account details in Salesforce.
- Contribute to maintaining new and existing customer relationships by being first point of contact for clients, who may need assistance with general queries, responding quickly and efficiently during busy times.
- Assist with planning small events digitally, domestically and abroad in terms of sourcing venues, invite lists, being point of contact.
- Support the marketing team with such tasks as posts for social media accounts, updates to the show websites, direct mailers, registration forms, and surveys.
- Work closely with the Operations and Programming teams to help the delivery of sponsorship.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Processing all required event administration quickly and accurately.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate event database.
- Sourcing fresh new relevant leads for the Sales team.
- Responding quickly, professionally and efficiently to new and existing customer queries.
- High attention to detail when proof reading.
- Research and generate new exhibitor leads for the Sales Team.
- Contact exhibitors and buyers to gather references for the vetting process.
- Accurately manage the sales database and data in the appointment system, ensuring all existing client details and prospects are up to date. In addition, ensuring that all data inputted is consistent and totally accurate in line with the show and its terms and conditions.
- Ensuring the efficient running of registrations, appointment matching and checking that all badges are printed correctly for the event, reacting accordingly should any problems occur.
- Producing and communicating accurate weekly sales and buyer reports.
- Being the first point of call for all Exhibitor enquiries, by email and telephone and ensuring that all enquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Helping to organise sales trips and small client events locally and abroad for Regional Managers/Executives.
- If there is a need on site for the Event Coordinator to attend the event, working on-site during the build-up period, during the show and helping the breakdown all the shows, alongside helping clients with their on-site requirements.
- Supporting marketing with social media account management, website updates, registration forms, surveys, and direct mailers to customers.
- Coordinating and collating programming and operational scheduling of programming either at or to promote the events.
- Assisting with other general administration duties as required.
Key Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- A real passion for the world of luxury hospitality/travel.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm for connecting people and hosting events.
- Strong administrative qualities & excellent interpersonal skills.
- A Superb team player, capable of creating an environment of camaraderie around them.
- Excellent time management and the capability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Must be driven by personally achieving targets & able to bring new ideas to the table and initiate better practice.
- Must be confident and contribute to generating new revenue streams ideas.
- A desire to learn and develop salesmanship qualities.
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Ability to filter information and assess priorities effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure and to changing priorities and deadlines and be flexible as part of a small team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to professionally represent the company.
- Managing operational and administrative functions to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently.
What will you get from us?
- A flexible and fun employee-focused culture (& a 4 day working week!). We have a work hard/play hard attitude and pride ourselves on having an enjoyable, stress free, motivating and creative working environment. We believe a business can be a transformative force for good and we try to apply this principle to everything we do.
- Professional Development & Training to help you soar.
- A Competitive package with benefits.
At This is Beyond, we are committed to recruiting, retaining, developing, and advancing an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the consumers and communities we already serve globally! At this is Beyond, we don’t just look at your CV, we are also focused on who you are and your potential. We’ll do all we can to support your application – If you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, do speak to us and we will be happy to help.
Got what it takes? Apply now to build an amazing career with us and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you. Find yourself A job you LOVE to speak about! Find your next step at This is Beyond!
Address: 2/2 Shepherds Building West, Rockley Road, Shepherds Bush, London, W14 0DA
Other Job Requirements
The candidate should expect that on occasion, (although this will be only when absolutely necessary and we do not make a habit of impeding on our teams personal time), they will be required to work flexibly with the Event Manager and on occasion, a longer than normal day around the busy times, close to show events. This may include the candidate being contacted by the Event Manager and/or CEO out of normal office hours to deal with unexpected events.