About the job
Financial Assistant (B2B Luxury Travel Exhibitions)
Reports to: Financial Controller
Position: Permanent, 4 day working week (4 day working week for 5 days’ pay!)
Working Pattern: Hybrid – 3 days in the office, 1 day from home (Every Friday – nonworking day as standard)
Who are we?
We are This is Beyond! We are a fast-moving, fast-thinking and vibrant London based B2B events company. We have grown from an ambitious start-up to a Worldwide leader in creating both innovative and ground-breaking B2B events. We are considered thought leaders in the luxury travel industry, making a real impact by defining specific travel genres and building passionate communities around them.
Today our portfolio is made up of both revolutionary and category smashing global travel trade shows, along with a fast-growing luxury membership club for the who’s who of luxury movers and shakers.
We are obsessive about curating just the right crowd, because there’s no substitute for great chemistry. Plus, we’re allergic to boring formats. So, expect exclusivity, expect inspiration, expect imaginative, immersive experiences that don’t feel like work! That’s exactly why they’re great for business.
About the role
Want to do some of the best work of your life? As Finance Assistant, you will work across our portfolio of events. Working alongside our Accounts Receivable Finance Assistant, you will provide a completely dedicated point of contact for all activity across the purchase ledger.
What will you do?
- Work closely with the event and operations teams to raise and code Purchase Orders & invoices and arrange payments in line with each show schedule
- Input invoices and expenses on to Quickbooks for processing
- Ensuring that all invoices and expenses are coded in adherence to the This is Beyond coding structure and sent to the Financial Controller weekly
- Liaise with suppliers and/or relevant internal team to resolve invoice or payments issues
- Maintain the purchase ledger schedule and ensure the accuracy of aged creditor reports, ensuring all communication is recorded
- Maintain Purchase Order log and following up to chase outstanding invoices
- Run weekly accounts reports for management
- Manage multiple currency bank reconciliations
- Manage and process expenses, often in multiple currencies
- Review, maintain and upload of the company’s Pleo expenses system
- Work closely with Finance Assistant (Sales Ledger) to chase late payments
- Assist with adhoc duties as required.
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualified/part-qualified or equivalent
- Working towards or looking to study AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong numerical reasoning
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task and organise others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team
- Able to meet deadlines
- Strong IT skills, specifically Excel
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and/or Salesforce is advantageous
- Demonstrate our values; curiosity, teamwork, integrity
- Experience of SME environment and work hard/play hard attitude!
What will you get from us?
- A flexible and fun employee-focused culture (& a 4 day working week!). We have a work hard/play hard attitude and pride ourselves on having an enjoyable, stress free, motivating and creative working environment. We believe a business can be a transformative force for good and we try to apply this principle to everything we do.
- Professional Development & Training to help you soar.
- A Competitive package with benefits.
At This is Beyond, we are committed to recruiting, retaining, developing, and advancing an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the consumers and communities we already serve globally! At this is Beyond, we don’t just look at your CV, we are also focused on who you are and your potential. We’ll do all we can to support your application – If you need to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, do speak to us and we will be happy to help.
Got what it takes? Apply now to build an amazing career with us and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you. Find yourself a job you LOVE to speak about! Find your next step at This is Beyond!
Address: 2/2 Shepherds Building West, Rockley Road, Shepherds Bush, London, W14 0DA
Other Job Requirements
The candidate should expect that on occasion, (although this will be only when absolutely necessary and we do not make a habit of impeding on our teams personal time), they will be required to work flexibly with the business and on occasion, a longer than normal day around the busy times, close to show events. This may include the candidate being contacted by the Event Manager/Head of Service and/or CEO out of normal office hours to deal with unexpected events.