About the job
Head of Finance (B2B Luxury Travel Exhibitions)
Reports to: Serge Dive, CEO
Position: Permanent, 4 day working week (4 day working week for 5 days’ pay!)
Working Pattern: Hybrid – 3 days in the office, 1 day from home (Every Friday – nonworking day as standard)
Who are we?
We are This is Beyond! We are a fast-moving, fast-thinking and vibrant London based B2B events company. We have grown from an ambitious start-up to a Worldwide leader in creating both innovative and ground-breaking B2B events. We are considered thought leaders in the luxury travel industry, making a real impact by defining specific travel genres and building passionate communities around them.
Today our portfolio is made up of both revolutionary and category smashing global travel trade shows, along with a fast-growing luxury membership club for the who’s who of luxury movers and shakers.
We are obsessive about curating just the right crowd, because there’s no substitute for great chemistry. Plus, we’re allergic to boring formats. So, expect exclusivity, expect inspiration, expect imaginative, immersive experiences that don’t feel like work! That’s exactly why they’re great for business.
About the Role
Want to do some of the best work of your life? We are currently looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic and commercially astute Head of Finance who will lead the finance function, including credit control, commercial finance, accounts receivable and accounts payable at This is Beyond. This is a key and pivotal role within our Senior Leadership Team and right at the heart of our organisation.
What will you do?
- Take the lead in financial business partnering, planning, budgeting and resource management for the business.
- Manage our operational financial administration and be responsible for developing financial strategy in line with the organisation’s strategic priorities.
- Implement finance procedures, processes and systems and ensure financial updates are timely and accurate for monthly management and decision making.
- Create insightful financial information that will direct business planning and performance, including preparation of finance papers for audit committee meetings.
- Develop and manage budgets, projections and tracking financial performance against projection
- Take the lead in the preparation and delivery of external financial reporting and all the related processes for Half Year and Year-end reporting.
- Conduct financial modelling for investment opportunities for entering new territories.
- Review tax and regulatory compliance across all countries the company operates in and plan financial strategy adequately.
What are we looking for?
- Professional accountancy qualification – preferably ACA, ACCA, or CIMA, preferably with at least 3 years as a Head of Finance or similar capacity.
- Experience working in B2B exhibition, or in luxury goods, fashion or travel would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong experience in planning and managing complex, dynamic and challenging projects.
- A passion for managing and developing Finance team members.
- Strong technical IFRS accounting knowledge and experience of the application of IFRS in a commercial setting.
- A strategic thinker with experience of engaging/managing multiple key stakeholders at varied business levels.
- A passionate self-starter with excellent leadership, communication skills and attention to detail; alongside being highly organised to run multiple projects at once.
- A forward looking ‘hands on’ way of working with a resilient and agile approach – always up for a challenge with a smile and willingness to have fun!
What will you get from us?
- A flexible and fun employee-focused culture (& a 4 day working week!). We have a work hard/play hard attitude and pride ourselves on having an enjoyable, stress free, motivating and creative working environment. We believe a business can be a transformative force for good and we try to apply this principle to everything we do.
- Professional Development & Training to help you soar.
- A Competitive package with benefits.
At This is Beyond, we are committed to recruiting, retaining, developing, and advancing an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the consumers and communities we already serve globally! At this is Beyond, we don’t just look at your CV, we are also focused on who you are and your potential. We’ll do all we can to support your application – If you need any adjustments to our recruitment process, do speak to us and we will be happy to help.
Got what it takes? Apply now to build an amazing career with us and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you. Find yourself a job you LOVE to speak about! Find your next step at This is Beyond!
Address: 2/2 Shepherds Building West, Rockley Road, Shepherds Bush, London, W14 0DA
Other Job Requirements
The candidate should expect that on occasion, (although this will be only when absolutely necessary and we do not make a habit of impeding on our teams personal time), they will be required to work flexibly with the business and on occasion, a longer than normal day around the busy times, close to show events. This may include the candidate being contacted by an Event Manager/Head of Service, and/or CEO out of normal office hours to deal with unexpected events.