About the job
Marketing Manager – House of Beyond (B2B Luxury Travel)
Reports to: Community Director, House of Beyond
Position: Permanent, 4 day working week (4 day working week for 5 days’ pay!)
Working Pattern: Hybrid – 3 days in the office, 1 day from home (Every Friday – nonworking day as standard)
Who are we?
We are This is Beyond! We are a fast-moving, fast-thinking and vibrant London based B2B events company. We have grown from an ambitious start-up to a Worldwide leader in creating both innovative and ground-breaking B2B events. We are considered thought leaders in the luxury travel industry, making a real impact by defining specific travel genres and building passionate communities around them.
Today our portfolio is made up of both revolutionary and category smashing global travel trade shows, along with a fast-growing luxury membership club for the who’s who of luxury movers and shakers.
We are obsessive about curating just the right crowd, because there’s no substitute for great chemistry. Plus, we’re allergic to boring formats. So, expect exclusivity, expect inspiration, expect imaginative, immersive experiences that don’t feel like work! That’s exactly why they’re great for business.
About the Role
Want to do some of the best work of your life? We are looking for an experienced, ambitious, enthusiastic and commercially astute Marketing Manager who will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing the marketing strategy of House of Beyond. If you wish to be part of a team that is revolutionising the concept of B2B events and if you are a proven skilled, effective and all-round marketer, we want you on our team! To succeed in this role, you will need to have a passion for engaging communities and for marketing.
What will you do?
- Support the Head of House of Beyond on developing tactical marketing strategies through the creation of a marketing plan.
- To be a part of developing the brand equity of House of Beyond building its image and position within the marketplace by developing plans and partnerships to drive online traffic and assist client acquisition.
- To increase event reach towards new delegates (buyers and sellers) through digital platforms and brand extensions.
- To support the Head of House of Beyond’s annual and long-term show strategy through short- and medium-term marketing strategies that enhance the HOB brand within the marketplace; driving traffic to web pages, growing social media interaction/engagement and client acquisition.
- To facilitate internal and external communication, ensuring all milestones of the show cycle meet key deadlines and are supported with appropriate collateral.
- To lead the gathering of industry and consumer insight to support strategic thinking.
- Supporting the Sales and Buyer teams by creating timely marketing and sales focused content /actions
- Work with The House of Beyond team to ensure the HOB community is fully integrated and engaged in the membership club, attends events on offer and makes the most of their membership inclusions.
What are we looking for?
- A forward thinking and entrepreneurial marketeer who is used to leading from the front.
- A person who thrives working for brands that aren’t afraid to be different. We’re looking for the disruptors amongst you.
- A person with strong B2B marketing with at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in exhibitions and/or events who ideally comes from a luxury hotel / luxury goods background.
- Someone who understands the entertainment and lifestyle sectors within the luxury travel industry.
- A person with strong time and project management skills who is resilient and can work well under pressure.
Sound like you? Keep on reading! We’ve outlined the key areas you’ll be working on:
STRATEGY & INSIGHT:
- Produce an annual marketing plan including the design of various campaigns (both brand and sales), that meet the show’s long-term objectives in line with critical path timelines for the annual cycle.
- Maintain & build strong internal & external relationships to ensure you’re on the pulse at all times.
- Research and action initiatives to gain more market share and client acquisition within the travel industry, and grow awareness in fringe industries and consumers.
- Coordinate the content gathering and production of all collateral required for all key milestones such as; booking forms, show surveys, show guides, sponsorship documents, rate cards etc.
- Liaise with external stakeholders for assets required for various projects such as; catalogue advertising, pre/post tours and the wider shows campaigns.
- Coordinate the collateral and marketing of the thought leadership programme – liaising with operations on venue requirements and timings, creative on campaign requirements, collateral deliverables and content updates etc., and programme managing on the speakers and content.
- Coordination of all show collateral (Bags, pens etc.) to ensure that the right amounts are ordered – for the show and throughout the year, that sponsor artwork and deliverables are managed and that operations team delivery dates are adhered to.
DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Writing & proofing all web updates and ensure the website is up-to-date at all stages of the event and campaign cycles.
- Setting times for web updates to be made live and checking they match with e-shots etc.
- Creating and monitoring Pardot forms for various projects such as conference registrations, register your interests etc.
- Manage the shows guest-list updates to the website & managing shows socials including analytics.
SPONSORSHIP & PARTNERSHIP:
- Coordinate all sponsorship agreements, overseeing all deliverables are delivered.
- Developing new and more engaging sponsorship deliverables tailored to the specific/bespoke needs of sponsors.
- Prepare post-show exposure reports for all sponsors.
- Seek appropriate brands to develop brand partnerships and/or sponsorship opportunities with.
- Work closely with the digital team to gather web analytics and insights.
- Work closely with the CRM Manager to gather mailing analytics and insights.
- Report weekly an overview of general engagement across all platforms, i.e. web, mailings, blog hits, social media metrics and specific campaign successes.
- Proactively gather market intelligence and insights.
What will you get from us?
- A flexible and fun employee-focused culture (& a 4 day working week!). We have a work hard/play hard attitude and pride ourselves on having an enjoyable, stress free, motivating and creative working environment. We believe a business can be a transformative force for good and we try to apply this principle to everything we do.
- Professional Development & Training to help you soar.
- A Competitive package with benefits.
At This is Beyond, we are committed to recruiting, retaining, developing, and advancing an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the consumers and communities we already serve globally! At this is Beyond, we don’t just look at your CV, we are also focused on who you are and your potential. We’ll do all we can to support your application – If you need to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, do speak to us and we will be happy to help.
Got what it takes? Apply now to build an amazing career with us and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you. Find yourself a job you LOVE to speak about! Find your next step at This is Beyond!
Address: 2/2 Shepherds Building West, Rockley Road, Shepherds Bush, London, W14 0DA
Other Job Requirements
The candidate should expect that on occasion, (although this will be only when absolutely necessary and we do not make a habit of impeding on our teams personal time), they will be required to work flexibly with the business and on occasion, a longer than normal day around the busy times, close to show events. This may include the candidate being contacted by the Head of Service and/or CEO out of normal office hours to deal with unexpected events.