About the job
Operations Manager – Openhouse (B2B Luxury Travel Events)
Reports to: Senior Operations Manager
Direct Reports: 1 x Senior Operations Executive
Position: Permanent, 4 day working week (4 day working week for 5 days’ pay!)
Working Pattern: Hybrid – 3 days in the office, 1 day from home (Every Friday – nonworking day as standard)
Who are we?
We are This is Beyond! We are a fast-moving, fast-thinking and vibrant London based B2B events company. We have grown from an ambitious start-up to a Worldwide leader in creating both innovative and ground-breaking B2B events. We are considered thought leaders in the luxury travel industry, making a real impact by defining specific travel genres and building passionate communities around them.
Today our portfolio is made up of both revolutionary and category smashing global travel trade shows, along with a fast-growing luxury membership club for the who’s who of luxury movers and shakers.
We are obsessive about curating just the right crowd, because there’s no substitute for great chemistry. Plus, we’re allergic to boring formats. So, expect exclusivity, expect inspiration, expect imaginative, immersive experiences that don’t feel like work! That’s exactly why they’re great for business.
About the Role
Want to do some of the best work of your life? We are looking for an experienced, ambitious, enthusiastic, creative, well organised and commercially astute Operations Manager, responsible for overseeing the end-to-end logistics and delivery of our most innovative set of events: the ‘Open House’ pre-conference series to our shows in Morocco, Miami, Cape Town, Bali and New Orleans. These festival-like events bring thought leadership as well as immersive experiences and music content to an audience of global travel leaders!
This is a mixed role of event/show logistics, operations, the design and execution of floor plans and the look-and-feel of the exhibition space, along with exhibition liaison, delegate/guest management, site visits, organisation of H&S and risk assessments, security and first aid.
What will you do?
- Manage the strategy, content and execution of our 5 ‘Open House’ global events alongside the Head of Operations, being responsible for the delivery of our events that reflects our brands and brings them to life.
- Oversee all end-to-end logistics and operations, ensuring the smooth delivery of our in-person event programme on a global scale.
- Manage budgets for all events, ensuring costs are kept in budget, payment schedules are set up with suppliers and all invoices are paid on time.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, venues and hotel partners with regular reviews. Overseeing liaison with suppliers and venues for infrastructure set up and needs, e.g. tents, furniture, Internet.
- Working with the Design team and Marketing team to confirm all signage, collateral and theming for each event then leading on its execution with suppliers, with the support of the operations team.
- Conducting site research, negotiating and implementing contractual agreements with vendors and onsite teams.
- Identifying stakeholders needs and challenges both prior to and during our events, gaining mutual trust and respect.
- Overseeing set up & delivery schedules and ensuring all deliverables and sponsor expectations are met.
- Continuously researching venues, suppliers and new creative ideas for openhouse events – attending events and research trips when required for this.
- Researching & championing new systems to streamline processes across the events.
What are we looking for?
- You will have proven operational success on large-scale events and/or conferences within a management position. Experience in the luxury festival/event space would be a strong preference.
- Exceptional leadership skills, interpersonal skills & communication skills.
- A keen interest in travel and able to travel regularly for site inspections and the shows.
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking.
- Strong knowledge of budget creation and cost control.
- Passion for delivering exceptional results and a ‘roll up your sleeves’ type of approach.
- You’ll need to be a good events all-rounder with great logistics and operational skills, strong H&S knowledge and experience of working on exhibition floorplans with CAD software ideally.
- You’ll need to enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic and forward-thinking environment and should be a confident, flexible and adaptable team player who has a creative leaning but is also a real solutions-focused / operational delivery / get things done type of person.
- From a personality point of view, you’ll need to be fun, enthusiastic and very high-end customer service orientated as well as being patient, incredibly organised, detailed and calm under pressure.
- French language skills useful but not essential and staff management experience would be advantageous.
- You must however be willing to travel for your job and although you don’t necessarily need a travel background you should have an appreciation, understanding or passion for the luxury travel sector.
What will you get from us?
- A flexible and fun employee-focused culture (& a 4 day working week!). We have a work hard/play hard attitude and pride ourselves on having an enjoyable, stress free, motivating and creative working environment. We believe a business can be a transformative force for good and we try to apply this principle to everything we do.
- Professional Development & Training to help you soar.
- A Competitive package with benefits.
At This is Beyond, we are committed to recruiting, retaining, developing, and advancing an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the consumers and communities we already serve globally! At this is Beyond, we don’t just look at your CV, we are also focused on who you are and your potential. We’ll do all we can to support your application – If you need to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, do speak to us and we will be happy to help.
Got what it takes? Apply now to build an amazing career with us and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you. Find yourself a job you LOVE to speak about! Find your next step at This is Beyond!
Address: 2/2 Shepherds Building West, Rockley Road, Shepherds Bush, London, W14 0DA
Other Job Requirements
The candidate should expect that on occasion, (although this will be only when absolutely necessary and we do not make a habit of impeding on our teams personal time), they will be required to work flexibly with the business and on occasion, a longer than normal day around the busy times, close to show events. This may include the candidate being contacted by the Head of Service and/or CEO out of normal office hours to deal with unexpected events.
Finally, this role will require the candidate to travel to the event locations. The candidate needs to be available to travel and will require a valid passport to travel easily to our destinations as required.