About the job
Reports to: Event Manager, Further East
Position: Permanent, 4 day working week (4 day working week for 5 days’ pay!)
Working Pattern: Hybrid – 3 days in the office, 1 day from home (Every Friday – nonworking day as standard)
Who are we?
We are This is Beyond! We are a fast-moving, fast-thinking and vibrant London based B2B events company. We have grown from an ambitious start-up to a Worldwide leader in creating both innovative and ground-breaking B2B events. We are considered thought leaders in the luxury travel industry, making a real impact by defining specific travel genres and building passionate communities around them.
Today our portfolio is made up of both revolutionary and category smashing global travel trade shows, along with a fast-growing luxury membership club for the who’s who of luxury movers and shakers.
We are obsessive about curating just the right crowd, because there’s no substitute for great chemistry. Plus, we’re allergic to boring formats. So, expect exclusivity, expect inspiration, expect imaginative, immersive experiences that don’t feel like work! That’s exactly why they’re great for business.
About the Role
Want to do some of the best work of your life? We are looking for an inspired Sales Manager to join our London team, for our event Further East. Taking place in Bali, Indonesia, it is Asia Pacific’s first luxury travel trade event dedicated to inbound travel. Further East has now become the region’s beating heart for native top-end providers looking to meet Asia specialist buyers from around the world.
What will you do?
- Create and deliver a yearly sales strategy for the Further East team, including pricing and target structure of stand space, catalogue sales, delegate badges and sponsorship.
- Significantly increase the number of new leads in the database.
- Accurately forecast and report to the Event Manager, plus company-wide updates.
- Responsible for the overall quality of attendees at the show to ensure that the company type and seniority is aligned to Further East’s values.
- Work closely with the sales executive to hunt down the most innovative, fresh and high-end travel companies from across the APAC region, as well as global buyers who specialise in the region.
- Maintain existing and develop new customer relationships through face-to-face meetings in and around the Asia Pacific as well as attending industry events. Support the sales team in doing this too.
- This role will be responsible for the quality of buyers on site and our buyers’ diaries also, alongside the Sales Executive.
- To engage in discussions with the industry to obtain accurate information about their buyer requirements and share this information on a regular basis with the team.
- Oversee the online system on the supplier side to facilitate on-line registrations, appointment matching and checking that all badges and signage are printed correctly.
- Work on-site in Bali pre-show, actively helping your clients with their on-site requirements.
What are we looking for?
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven success in delivering sales 4+ years, preferably in the APAC market.
- Full understanding of exhibition sales cycles OR luxury travel.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Certain advantageous
- Roll up your sleeves attitude and ability to work under pressure with set deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the company.
- Languages are a plus.
- Specific industry and market knowledge (Luxury, Travel and Events) will be highly advantageous.
KEY SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES:
- You have a thirst for sales, and you’re motivated by targets and team success.
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about the world of luxury hospitality – specifically the Asia Pacific.
- You’re willing to travel throughout the Asia Pacific region, as required (Solo travel required, as well as Team travel at times)
- Networking is a strength and customer service is a priority.
- You’ll thrive in our hard working, fun, small team – the pace of work is fast!
- You’re entrepreneurial, energetic & proactive.
- You are motivated by the idea of launching a brand-new show!
- You like to explore new ideas or revenue opportunities
- You are available yearly every November to travel to Bali to attend our Further East event.
What will you get from us?
- A flexible and fun employee-focused culture (& a 4 day working week!). We have a work hard/play hard attitude and pride ourselves on having an enjoyable, stress free, motivating and creative working environment. We believe a business can be a transformative force for good and we try to apply this principle to everything we do.
- Professional Development & Training to help you soar.
- A Competitive package with benefits.
At This is Beyond, we are committed to recruiting, retaining, developing, and advancing an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the consumers and communities we already serve globally! At this is Beyond, we don’t just look at your CV, we are also focused on who you are and your potential. We’ll do all we can to support your application – If you need to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, do speak to us and we will be happy to help.
Got what it takes? Apply now to build an amazing career with us and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you. Find yourself a job you LOVE to speak about! Find your next step at This is Beyond!
Address: 2/2 Shepherds Building West, Rockley Road, Shepherds Bush, London, W14 0DA
Other Job Requirements
The candidate should expect that on occasion, (although this will be only when absolutely necessary and we do not make a habit of impeding on our teams personal time), they will be required to work flexibly with the business and on occasion, a longer than normal day around the busy times, close to show events. This may include the candidate being contacted by the Event Manager/Head of Service and/or CEO out of normal office hours to deal with unexpected events.